A little while ago, my husband bought Jasper a collection of little plastic horses from the dollar store. He loves those horses! But they have been scattered all over the house for weeks now. I decided to do something about it. I had a bit of fabric (that was generously given to me) with cowboys and horses on it, and I had seen this tutorial a while ago - so I gave it a go.
I was a little bit nervous when I read in the tutorial that I needed to use a zipper foot - because I had never done that before, and in fact had no idea what my machine's zipper foot looked like. I figured it out though! And this little bag was quite easy and quick to sew up. Of course, if you look closely you will see that none of the seams are quite straight and the lining is all bunchy...no problem though. I'm pleased with myself, since it's the first time I sewed a zipper into anything.
Jasper was quite thrilled with it, which warmed my heart! I love making things for children.